Friday, March 30, 2012

You can take me out of the township but you can’t township out of me


Growing up in the township seeing people you admire driving 1989 BMW 325 is (Igusheshe or Ithemba lamarumusha) some driving 1989 BMW 333 limited edition ( Insimbi yama rumusha),  and having that dream that one day I’m going to drive or own that car. Those were the days because I’m a growing up man who have responsibilities and goals, despite that I grew in the township.

However we are working so hard in order to make it in life, some are made it, and some are not, those people who made it in life they don’t want anything do with the township. I just wonder what they are going to tell their grand children about their lives. As for me I don’t see nothing wrong about   kasi (township), it’s what you see it’s what you get’.

One of the things that make me loves kasi its

·        Culture       : Drifting and loud sound

·        Lingo                   : Ingamla ( white man), Mabhebeza (women)

·        Mindset      : we don’t buy faces , we don’t care who you are

·        Food          : Pap and Nyama or braai meat

Tourists are flocking in the township because they want experience our life. One of the people who forget where I’m coming, you can take me out of the township but you can’t township out of me.


http://theridgeonline.co.za/life-lived-to-the-max-imum/

http://skillsunbearable.blogspot.com/p/zim-ridez.html

No comments:

Post a Comment